Friday, January 22, 2010

Mary Poppins


Last weekend, I went into New York City. We went to go see the Broadway show, Mary Poppins. It was really good and all the other kids loved it too. The scenes are very realistic and there's a big doll-house thing which they use as their house, but you can see every room at a time. The actors and actresses are very good and they're costumes were amazing. At one point, Mary Poppins comes soaring through the crowds and she's holding that umbrella. The children have a lot of fun with their new nanny and so does Mary. It's a very good show that I'd recommend to almost anyone I know.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, my friend Heather and I went to see M. Poppins when we in NYC. Remember when we stayed at your house 2 years ago? Heather loves Julie Andrews who starred in the movie. I was M. Poppins for Mardi Gras when I was about 4-5 years old. I had an umbrella too! We thought the Broadway play was pretty cool. We liked the part where Bert walked upside down around the entire stage. Heather has read the books so she knew how the play differed from the book. I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember the time you and Heather came for a nice visit. I'm glad you enjoyed Mary Poppins like I did. I think it's cool that you dressed up as Mary for Mardi Gras- very creative! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete