Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Philadelphia Trip

We just got back home from a 5th grade field trip to Philadelphia. It was really interesting and lots of fun. We got to visit many of the important USA buildings including the Betsey Ross House. Then, of course, we had Philly cheese-steaks for lunch. We also got to do a little shopping at the gift shops. I got a miniature Liberty Bell and a Philly bracelet. They're something I'll always be able to remember the class trip to Philadelphia with! My favorite part of the whole (long!) day was getting to see the actual singing place of the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. It was so cool to see the old-fashioned furniture and everything! The bumpy bus ride was around 4 hours, but I'm pretty sure it was worth the wait. Have you ever been to Philadelphia? If so, what was your favorite popular attraction?

2 comments:

  1. I've been there a couple of times. I like history so Philly was a wonderful place to visit. I agree with you about Independence Hall. And of course Betsy Ross' house was cool. When I went there in 2003, I bought you a little flag purse as a souvenir. I don't know if you remember it. So cool that now you have been there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, the little flag purse! In fact, I still have that! :) This was actually my second or third (I can't recall) time going to Philly. However, I was very little when I went before, so I don't think my parents dragged me into as many historical landmarks!

    ReplyDelete