Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"To the World, You Might be One Person... But to One Person, You Might be the World"

While I was checking out my new sleepaway camp over the weekend, we stopped in the local town to do some shopping and grab a bite to eat. We went into a cute little store on the corner, and there were all different kinds of things there: soap, bird baths, clothing, purses, jewlery, and furniture. I notice some coffee mugs there that had sayings on them, my favorite. I picked one up and found a powerful statement: "To the world, you might be one person. But to one person, you might be the world."

I thought that saying meant a lot to me, because it's true. People are always trying to be fabulous by buying expensive products to show off and purchasing their dream mansion. But that's not all there is to life. It's more than things you have, it's your family and friends. The love and support you give them. You can always buy a diamond ring or something, but you can't buy people to look out for you. If you're kind to someone, they will always remember that. But if you aren't, then they'll remember that too. But, you should always treat people nicely, so they will be there for you when you really need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment