Friday, March 12, 2010

The Big Transition

Today the principal, guidance counselors, and a few students came to our elementary school. Since I am in fifth grade, they were here to talk about the big change between finishing elementary school and moving onto middle school. Our class made a long list of lists we came up with. The principal, Mr. Scott Fried, told us all about the food (which is MUCH better than ours), teachers, rules, lockers, detention, and many other topics. I am really nervous but excited to go to LMK (school). Everyone says it takes a few weeks to get adjusted to the daily routine, but that middle school's an invitation to let your creativity flow and to meet new friends. I can't wait until I meet my new teachers and classmates! Well, I'll post on the first day of sixth grade! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am also very nervous yet excited for next year! We get better food, we meet new people, and we get lockers! Im lokking forward to seeing all my friends next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way that you do, Zehra! Although I am very nervous, I can't wait to get out of Purchase! I love our school and everything, but I feel ready for the big change. I mean, I can't believe we'll be going to middle school in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I feel the same way 2. The feeling I get is a tingly feeling in my body when ever I think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you're in store for big changes in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Some of your friends may be too "boy crazy" and it may be hard to deal with that. The main thing is to talk to someone you trust about the problems and worries that arise during those tween years.

    ReplyDelete