Sunday, April 18, 2010

Buddy Day and the Dance

For me and all my other classmates, this Friday was very busy. Right after getting to school, we got onto a bus to go to the middle school, LMK. There, we met up with our 6th grade "buddies" who we had been exchanging letters with for a few weeks. My buddy was a girl named Sydney. First, we sat in the auditorium and listened to the principal talk to us. Then, we went to one of the cafeterias for a bite to eat. For lunch I had a chicken Caesar wrap (it was MUCH better than the elementary school food!). Then, my buddy took me on a tour of the school and she introduced me to a few teachers. Lots of students and teachers kept saying, "Hey, I know your older brother! He looks just like you!" and I would just nod. After that, we headed back to the auditorium to listen to the band, orchestra, and chorus. That was the end of the fun day at LMK. But it wasn't the last fun part of the day.

A few hours after school had ended, the 5th grade dance party was happening! I went back to the middle school with a bunch of my friends and walked into the gym. IT WAS SO LOUD I COULDN'T EVEN HEAR MYSELF THINK!! The DJ was playing the music so loud that we had to scream to even say something to another person. It was crazy! Well, we danced around and sang; just had a good time. There were dance-offs for prizes, freeze dance, and "random song time". It was really fun, but I felt bad for one of my friends. She got a really big headache and had to get picked up to go home. We were really sorry for her because the dance was a lot of fun. We got to meet lots of new people from buddy day and now we were able to have even more fun with them.

Well, that Friday was very tiring, but it was lots of fun!

2 comments: