Thursday, April 15, 2010

When I Grow Up

I've been recently been thinking about life when I grow up. It's kind of weird to imagine myself when I'm a grown-up. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. When I grow up, I want to make a difference in the world. I don't want to be a model or something worthless like that. I either want to be a teacher or an author, possibly even both. I think teachers are the most important people because they teach you everything: how to make friend, how to do math, how to read and write.... everything. I've always loved to write, even as a preschooler and when I was in kindergarten. Books are also really important to me because they can teach you just about anything and they can be so amazingly well written and fun to read. Sometimes I feel like I'm actually another character in the book because of how the author wrote the story. I have been recently doing a lot of volunteer work around the Purchase community. In fact, this upcoming Saturday is the senior citizen pancake breakfast. My classmates and I are going to our school and making pancakes and we've been working on place-mats and everything. We're going to serve the elderly food and we'll talk to them. Later that morning, I'm playing a song for them all on my violin. Well, that's one of the ways I like to make a difference in the town. But, when I get bigger, I want not only to make a difference in my state, but to do something that affects the whole world. Someday, I'll be someone important. But right now, all I can do is dream and believe.

4 comments:

  1. I was just reading my little journal that I kept from when I just learned how to write. I had made a page called "wen i get biggr" and i hat written "i wanna b a pirt". I wanted to be a pirate when I grew up! That's pretty funny. :-)

    Little Miss Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awsome post. You really seem to be working hard to make a difference. If you are more interested please visit my blog too!

    www.spreadingpeacetogether.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren--you already ARE someone important! And kudos for you so doing so much community work--I wish everyone would do stuff like that.

    And I think you'd make a fabulous teacher. If you do decide to do that, you'll be great company--Betsy used to be a teacher and I am one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Zehra and Dannicalliope,
    Thanks for all the great advice and support. It's just what I needed. Zehra, I frequently read your blog and it's wonderful! You are such a caring girl who is making a big difference in the community! Thank you both for the guiding comments!

    Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete