Thursday, April 22, 2010

Candy Sushi

Candy sushi is one of the funnest foods to prepare and eat! It's pretty simple and the results are fantastic! Here are some tips and tricks on how to make candy sushi.

What Materials You Need:
  • Rice Crispy Treats
  • Dark colored Fruit Roll-Ups
  • Red and black licorice
  • Swedish Fish
Step 1: Flatten the Rice Crispy Treats to make the rice stuffing. If you flatten too much, you won't be able to wrap the Rice Crispy Treats, so make sure they're right in between thicknesses.

Step 2: Lay a wide strip of Fruit Roll-Up(s), to make the seaweed wrapping.

Step 3: Put the Rice Crispy Treats over the Fruit Roll-Up and make them stick together. Then, any way you want, you can put in the licorice, Swedish Fish, or even those Extreme Air Heads in.

Step 4: Roll the Rice Crispy and Fruit Roll-Up around the candies you've chosen to add and your very own candy sushi has been prepared!

Step 5: Enjoy your delicious candies and go back onto my blog to post comments!

Here's a couple different rolls of candy sushi:

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I am making this for the bake sale!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that yesterday! They were really good! Have you ever tried making triangle shaped ones? They're the ones that look like the Japanese erasers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep and they taste even better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am Betsy Bensen's big brother and she invited me to checkout your new blog. And I have. It is very well done. Did you get some help or is it done by you? One way or another I am really impressed... And I love the idea of candy sushi even though I don't eat much candy. Great concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Mr. Ben! Well, this blog is written and the idea is completely mine. Although, I learned most of my blogging skills at school from our reading response blog. Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete